Torch Calories with a Med Ball
A killer way to finish your workout is with a quick, high-intensity circuit. Instead of spending an extra 20 to 30 minutes on the treadmill post-lifting, take 5 minutes to torch body fat with an explosive medicine ball circuit like this!
Perform one repetition of each exercise successively and immediately, repeat for a count of 10, and then rest for 45 seconds. Repeat for 5 rounds.
Begin the circuit 2 to 3 feet away from a concrete wall, standing parallel to the wall, holding a fairly large medicine ball weighing 10 to 15 lbs.
1. Medicine Ball Slam
- Hold a medicine ball with both hands and stand with your feet at shoulder-width apart
- Raise the ball above your head and fully extend your body
- Reverse the motion and slam the ball into the ground directly in front of you as hard as you can
- Catch the ball with both hands on the bounce and immediately start the next movement
2. Medicine Ball Burpee
- After catching the ball, immediately place the ball down on the ground in front of your feet
- Keeping your hands on the ball, explosively kick your feet back
- Land in a push-up position with your hands still on the ball, elbows bent and chest just above the ball
- Explosively reverse the movement by bringing your knees to your chest and simultaneously pulling the med ball up until you are in a standing position holding the ball in front of you
3. Medicine Ball Lateral Toss
- After performing the burpee, hold the ball at your outside hip, away from the wall
- Rotate your torso, keeping your core and glutes tight, and toss the ball at the wall just above waist height
- Catch the ball as it bounces back and immediately start the first movement again until you have finished the round