If you’re looking to grow a big chest and fill out your t-shirts, then these three exercises are for you. You will need to do about 3-4 sets of each exercise to failure. Use maximal weight for about 8-10 repetitions and repeat two times a week. Within 4-6 weeks you should notice improvements in your chest, as well as an increase in strength.
1. Dumbbell Chest Press
To work the muscles of the chest (pectoralis major), shoulders (deltoid group), and triceps (triceps brachii).
- Lie down on your back with your feet flat on the floor.
- Grasp the dumbbells and hold them on either side of your shoulders.
- Slowly push the weight away from you towards the ceiling (exhale) until your arms are fully locked to ensure a full range of motion.
- Lower the weight back down towards the starting position (inhale) and then repeat the motion (inhale).
2. Push-Up Rows
To strengthen the muscles of the chest (pectoralis major/minor) and upper back (latissimus dorsi).
- Lie down on your back on the floor.
- Press the dumbbells straight up in front of you, then create and hold a slight bend in the elbow.
- Lower the weight down as far as you can on a wide arc, palms facing one another, and the shoulders down (inhale).
- Lift the weights back up in a bear-hug type of movement (exhale) and then repeat.
Be sure to be consistent with your efforts, push with 100% effort on every single rep, and finish your workout with Six Star® Whey Protein Plus in order to get the most out of your hard work.