If you’re looking to switch things up a bit from your usual breakfast smoothie, Six Star® has just the thing for you. Try this tasty, high-protein, low-carb quiche recipe made with Unflavored Whey Protein Plus!
- ¼ cup Unflavored Whey Protein Plus
- 1 cup ham, cooked and cubed
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 10-oz. package spinach, frozen, thawed and drained
- 1 4-oz. can mushrooms, drained
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup water
- 4 eggs, large
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a 9″ pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle ham, bacon, spinach, mushrooms, onions and cheeses onto the bottom of the pie plate.
- Stir together Unflavored Whey Protein Plus and pepper in a mixing bowl. Add cream, water and eggs. Mix until well blended. Pour over ingredients in pie plate.
- Bake quiche for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.