Pizza Protein Muffins
Need a pizza fix without the guilt? These handy muffins are just the thing to help satisfy your craving. They’re also packed with protein, so you can feel better about going back for seconds.
|3 Roma tomatoes, chopped|
|2 cups whole wheat flour|
|2 scoops Six Star 100% Whey Protein Plus, Unflavored|
|1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|3/4 cup almond milk|
|1/3 cup butter, melted|
|1 tbsp. oregano|
|1/2 tbsp. baking powder|
|1/2 tsp. garlic powder|
|1/8 tsp. salt|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, protein powder, baking powder, oregano, garlic powder and salt together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs. Add butter and almond milk and stir together.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined. Fold in mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Pour evenly into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve. Leftovers can be kept covered in the fridge for 5 days.